ACC - Ann Hodgson

The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) provides comprehensive, no-fault personal injury cover for all New Zealand residents and visitors to New Zealand.

For Business owners and self employed:

You are self-employed if you work as a sole trader, in a partnership, or your income is subject to withholding or schedular payments. If you own shares in a close company that employs you then you are considered a shareholder-employee. A ‘close company’ is a company where more than half its shares are held by five or fewer shareholders that are ‘natural persons’ (ie a trust is not a ‘natural person’).


New to self-employment?

When you start self-employment ACC provides personal injury cover immediately. However, you don’t need to pay for it until after your first tax return is submitted.


Manage your levies with ACC Online

ACC provides a range of online services for self-employed users to check levy account details, apply for ACC products, sign up for automated alerts and maintain their personal details. Register online.


What do I pay?

Find out more about ACC levies, how they are calculated and get an idea of how much you will be required to pay as a self-employed person.


How do I pay?

This section covers payment options, information about invoice packs, when you will receive your invoice pack, what to do if you don’t agree with your invoice and what happens if you don’t pay your invoice on time.


Self-employed: What happens if I get injured?

You are normally covered by ACC if you have a work-related injury or illness, or if you get injured outside of work. It is important to make an ACC claim as soon as possible so you can receive entitlements. For more information about making a claim and whether you are covered when you are overseas please see How do I make a claim?


Cover products for self-employed

ACC has a number of products and health and safety discount programmes designed to suit your self-employment needs. Find out more ...

ACC CoverPlus

ACC CoverPlus automatically provides personal injury cover for self-employed people, with access to the full range of medical treatment, rehabilitation benefits, and lost earnings compensation, if you are injured.

ACC CoverPlus Extra

ACC CoverPlus Extra provides greater flexibility and certainty for self-employed people by securing an agreed level of lost earnings compensation if you are injured and unable to work.

Ann Hodgson - Relationship Manager is happy to meet with& you if you have any questions especially around ACC Coverplus/Extra - give her a call.

Volunteer, Government, or Service Organisation
Ann Hodgson
Ann Hodgson
Add to Contacts

101-111 Cashel Street
Christchurch 8140
New Zealand