Terms and Conditions
“The Networkers NZ” has the expectation that all Members & Visitors will honour the values of the organisation.
These are that we;
- create opportunities for everyone
- do what we say
- give you a voice
- are fun to be with
General Policies for Members:
- Any person or company is permitted to join a group as long as the service is legal & professional.
- Membership is for one person/company for each profession/industry per group (unless otherwise stated)
- Transfer from one group to another is permitted if your profession/industry is available.
- Members who wish to change their service classification may do so, providing it causes no conflict of interest and is a true reflection of the service and/or product offered.
- Weekly attendance is recommended to build opportunities. Notwithstanding point 2. above, if a member is absent for 4 consecutive meetings without notifying administration, we reserve the right to bring on a second business within the same industry/profession.
- We welcome and encourage you to introduce visitors to any of our meetings.
- From time to time “The Networkers” policies may change without notice.
- Each membership is for one group only – if you wish to regularly attend more than one group then registration and paid membership for each subsequent group is required. Commitment to each group is expected.
- To honour our venues, we expect that you order a drink (food optional).
- Genuine reviews on a service/product used are appreciated.
“The Networkers” stands for and encourages diversity, tolerance and equality. We strive to have an inclusive, safe, respectful and supportive business environment within the organisation.
Therefore, we will not tolerate:
- prejudices of any kind including those against gender, ethnicity, religion, age, political, medical & health ideals, sexual orientation; class or disability.
- bullying, harassment, intimidation, breach of privacy; spamming etc. of Networkers visitors and Members within or outside of our meetings.
Such behaviour will be investigated; warnings issued, and termination of membership may occur.
“The Networkers NZ” Code of Conduct - Ethics (extract):
Members are expected to …
- maintain a professional, personal and business standard.
- create opportunities and provide quality leads.
- follow up opportunities provided and give feedback.
- keep information shared at meetings and all correspondence confidential.
- be welcoming to all Visitors and Members when they attend meetings.
- exhibit an inclusive, supportive, respectful & caring attitude to everyone.
- adhere to “The Networkers” values.
Membership is owned by the individual registered, who has signed and/or accepted these terms and conditions. Unless agreed with “The Networkers” management, membership is non-transferrable.
Membership is activated when we receive a completed application form and payment. Membership is continuous until termination in writing or by email from a Member or “The Networkers NZ”.
“The Networkers NZ” will, to the best of our ability, provide the following to all paying members:
- Weekly Business meetings at a set time & venue (except over the summer break).
- Regular Business networking events (in addition to regular meetings).
- Your Business profile on the website which can be updated as requested.
- Regular social media postings which promote groups and members.
- 24/7 “Online Community” closed Facebook.
- On-going support from your Facilitator and the Leadership Team.
- Opportunities to speak and present your business at weekly meetings.
- Share upcoming events and promotions related to your business.
Referrals for new and prospective members are always welcome. When an active member recommends or refers an individual who then joins “The Networkers” business community as an active fully paid member, a gift card will be awarded as a thank you to the referee.
Use of Logo and Name
You (as a visitor/member) grant “The Networkers” the right to use your business’s name, logo and business details on the “The Networkers” website and on related social platforms and marketing materials, solely to indicate your attendance or membership in “The Networkers”.
As long as you remain a member in good standing, you may use “The Networkers” name and logo, in the format and with the notices provided or requested by “The Networkers”, solely to indicate your membership in “The Networkers”.
Membership Contact details and Usage:
All members are required to provide information about themselves including their name, business name, email address, phone contact details, and other personal information as may be requested from time to time. Members agree that any registration information provided to “The Networkers” will always be accurate, correct, and up to date. Members must not impersonate someone else or provide account information or an email address other than their own.
It is not acceptable for a member to collect contact information for other members from “The Networkers” website to use for 1) group emails, 2) bulk texts, or 3) messenger communications, without the express consent of those members receiving the communications. Membership contact details are for the purpose of ‘creating opportunities’ and not for soliciting via email, direct mail or other means. One-on-one meetings are recommended to build synergies and relationships.
By accepting these terms & conditions, you give permission to have a Profile created with your name, email, phone number and other relevant business information on our website which may be shared via our social and other platforms from time to time.
“The Networkers” send out emails as required as a means of updating and communicating with our, Visitors and Members of developments.
By accepting these terms & conditions and attending meetings, you agree & give permission for us to place you on our mailing list. Should you wish to no longer receive these communications, please unsubscribe or email us to that affect.
For the purposes of “The Networkers” related email communication, a group Facilitator or other “The Networkers” representative may be cc’d into emails where “The Networkers” management or administration deems appropriate. Should you be representing a business or brand, when deemed necessary we will also cc'd the appropriate person into the communication.
Use of Images, Content and Video; Media Release:
Members and Visitors who attend our meetings/events agree that photographs and videos taken by “The Networkers” and any representative thereof may be used on our social & other media, print and website platforms. “The Networkers” retains ownership of all still and video images for use at its discretion.
Memberships and entitled services must be used for lawful purposes only. Members agree to use “The Networkers” networking platforms for legitimate purposes only. Posting or publishing of any material which violates or infringes the rights of other members, or which is threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable, or which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or otherwise violate any law is not permitted and cause for termination of membership without notice.
“The Networkers” reserves the right to delete reference to any information, advertising or service that breaches our Values and/or Terms & Conditions or might be considered inappropriate.
When you provide personal information to us, we will comply with the NZ Privacy Act 2020. Information will only be passed on in the case of credit control purposes or when required by applicable law, any court or in response to a legitimate request by a law enforcement agency.
“The Networkers” will never sell your information to any third party.
Unless otherwise agreed, membership to “The Networkers” business community is $600.00pa + GST (therefore $50 + GST per month) and may be paid in 1,3,6 or 12-month installments as indicated in the registration process. Membership payment frequency will default to monthly if frequency is not ticked on registration form – please advise if you prefer a different frequency.
Membership fees once paid cannot be refunded.
Invoices are payable on or before due date (all invoices are due 7 days from invoice date) unless otherwise agreed to in writing. Through registration and continued attendance at weekly meetings, Members are deemed to have accepted “The Networkers NZ” terms and conditions by default. No signature is required.
Invoices which remain outstanding 3 days after due date will incur a $5 penalty. Further $5 penalties will continue to be added weekly until full payment (invoice + penalties) has been received.
If your invoice is outstanding by more than 1 month your membership may be terminated.
All legal and collection costs in relation to the overdue account will be added to the Members outstanding balance should they be incurred. We refer outstanding invoices to a Credit Control Agency for collection when our endeavors to collect outstanding fees have been exhausted.
Cancellation of Membership:
Members may cancel their membership at any time providing one-month notice in writing to Head Office. Notice is required by email (not verbal, text or messenger) No Refunds or Credits for partially used periods are given under any circumstances.
Suspension of Membership (holds)
Membership suspensions are only available on memberships that are up to date in payment.
Where suspension is requested, all membership services will be withdrawn; this comprises of the (possible) hiding of the member’s online profile and their inability to attend their regular (or any other) group meeting for the duration of the suspension. It does, however, ensure that the allocated industry/profession spot in the group remains available to the member to return to at the cessation of the suspension period.
The minimum membership suspension period available is 2 weeks. There is a fee of $5 per week (or $25/month) for membership suspensions which will replace your usual membership concession for the duration of your membership suspension.
Termination of Membership:
Membership to “The Networkers” is not an automatic right. It is a benefit for community members who follow our reasonable rules and treat other community members well and with respect. If any member fails to comply with “The Networkers” values and/or its policies, breaches or acts inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms or “The Networkers” Code of Conduct” their Membership may be reviewed & revoked immediately following the giving of written notice.
That Member’s information & any associated business will be removed from the Website. No Refunds or Credits for partially used periods are given under any circumstances.
“The Networkers” owns the intellectual property rights of the website and underlying systems including all still & video images, information, data, text, graphics, photographs, logos, icons plus “look & feel”.
We limit our liability to the fullest extent allowed by law. We will not be liable for any unintentional damage, any actual, incidental, or consequential damage, or for any loss or claim of any kind. We are not liable or responsible to your business for any loss under these terms & conditions. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the services provided by “The Networkers” or with any statement in these Terms, your sole remedy is to cease attendance at meetings and, cancel your membership by providing one-month notice in writing.
Changes to Terms
“The Networkers” reserve the right to unilaterally, at any time, amend these Terms and Conditions without giving notice to the individual member. Such amendments will, unless otherwise stated, take immediate effect. “The Networkers” will publish any updated Terms and Conditions on our website www.thenetworkers.co.nz, and may advise of such changes in weekly group meetings. However, members are responsible for keeping themselves updated in relation to any changes to the terms and conditions.
If any changes are unacceptable to you, you may stop attending meetings and, if applicable, cancel your membership by providing one-month notice in writing.